CODE OF ETHICS
The Reiki practitioner shall strive to do good and no harm at all times, and to maintain inner peace, harmony and balance.
1. The health and well being of the client is the prime consideration of the Reiki practitioner.
2. The client is entitled to truth, confidentiality, and the respect of their human dignity.
3. The client has the right to accept or refuse any form of treatment.
4. The Reiki practitioner shall not refuse a client on the basis of sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, or political belief. However, notwithstanding this clause, the Reiki practitioner reserves the right to refuse a client for reasons of personal safety and/or other reasons, which do not contravene the aforementioned item.
5. The Reiki practitioner shall retain accurate and up-to-date records on their dealings with the client. These records should be maintained in a secure location and must be considered confidential. No information contained within the records should be released without the written consent of the client.
6. It is contrary to the Code of Ethics to misguide the client or to alter the truth, but it is not a breach of the Code of Ethics if the Reiki practitioner considers how and when to inform the client, depending on the situation.
7. The Reiki practitioner shall never ask a client to disrobe and shall not allow such action to take place.
8. When the client has given permission for “hands on” therapy, the Reiki practitioner shall use light hand pressure when placing hands on the client’s body.
9. The Reiki practitioner shall not refuse or withdraw services without justifiable cause. Such reasons include but are not limited to conflict of interest between the member and the client that jeopardizes the professional relationship or illegal or unjust or fraudulent actions taken or proposed by the client.
Integrity of Actions
10. The Reiki practitioner shall set a good example with living a healthy lifestyle.
11. The Reiki practitioner shall dress in a professional manner conducive to the holistic service being provided and be neat and clean in his/her own personal hygiene.
12. The Reiki practitioner shall ensure that their professional conduct is beyond reproach. They shall not take physical, sexual, psychological or financial advantage of the client, and must not interfere in the client’s personal affairs.
13. The Reiki practitioner shall avoid all forms of excesses and behaviours that may lead to conflicts, drama and the community divisions.
14. The Reiki practitioner shall respect the law, professional and moral rules, and shall not directly or indirectly collaborate or engage in cyber-bullying, harassment, backstabbing, human rights violations, making derogatory statements about the Reiki practitioner or in unlawfull solicitation of the other Reiki practitioner’s clients.
15. In order to attain one’s personal goal one shall not join any groups seeking harmful influence over others and should not pretend that one’s best interest is the community’s best interest.
16. The Reiki practitioner who purposely makes false statements against the Canadian Reiki Association or other Reiki practitioners has violated the Code of Ethics.
17. The Reiki practitioner shall refrain from negative actions, especially from harming life, stealing, sexual misconduct, lies, swearing, cursing others, gossiping, jealousy and bad intentions.
18. The Reiki practitioner shall not engage directly or indirectly in condescending and offending behaviour. The Reiki practitioner shall exhibit politeness, civilized appearance and conduct, inspiring and calming actions and compassion.
19. The Reiki practitioner shall not cover up any unethical or professional mistakes, they cannot share solidarity with any inaccurate diagnosis, intervention, financial or moral abuse. The Reiki practitioner shall indicate any professional practice or behavior which is unethical or dangerous. The Reiki practitioner must not knowingly promote Reiki services of a person who is or was subject to criminal court judgements, without a full disclosure of those judgments in writing to all the concerned.
20. The Reiki practitioner shall not harm the reputation of the other Reiki practitioner, to advance their personal agendas. The Reiki practitioner shall safeguard the reputation and dignity of all Reiki practitioners at all times.
Un être humain authentique est le plus grand trésor.
A genuine human being is the greatest treasure.
– GM Brana
Competencies and Collaboration
21. The Reiki practitioner must recognize their limits of competence and must not undertake issues for which they have no training. The Reiki practitioner shall not claim that Reiki can cure, nor shall he / she diagnose any medical problems or prescribe, nor shall he / she ever advise a client to stop taking medications, unless qualified to do so. When it is in the client’s interests, the Reiki practitioner shall refer the client on to another practitioner or organization that has the training appropriate to the client’s needs.
22. The Reiki practitioner shall not judge the traditional healing methods or any other natural healing methods and their practitioners, but if requested can inform the patient about the advantages of the Reiki therapy.
23. In accordance with the Canadian law only certified doctors are allowed to diagnose. For this reason the Reiki practitioner must primarily rely on medical diagnosis and the information shared by the client.
24. It is the duty of all Reiki practitioners to ensure the good relationships between the healing arts. The Reiki practitioner when asked by the client, shall collaborate with a doctor or a complementary therapist or naturopath.
25. The Reiki practitioner shall not judge the capability of another Reiki practitioner in the presence of a client or a relative, making criticising and condemnatory statements.
26. The Reiki practitioner shall not place himself or herself above any client or student, claim to posses more divinity or special powers. The focus must be on teaching and therapies, and not on the teacher or practitioner ego expressions.
27. The Reiki practitioner shall not practice or teach Reiki if they are in any condition, which compromises the quality of their services, such as inebriation, feeling of extreme stress or if their mental faculties are lessened for any reason whatsoever and they shall never offer liquor to their clients.
28. The Reiki practitioner should continually make an effort to improve their knowledge and professional skills. He or she should also encourage the public to become educated and informed about the practice and teaching of Reiki and about the development of a health-enhancing lifestyle in general.
29. Reiki teachers should not encourage the practice of Reiki by persons who are not competent or who have insufficient training or certification. They should not grant certificates of attendance or competence to anyone whose skills and/or ethical conduct they have a valid reason to doubt.
30. Reiki practitioners are responsible for reporting to the DivineYu any Reiki practitioner certified by DivineYu, who does not respect this Code of Ethics. This requirement aims to ensure the protection of the public interest and also to protect the good name and professional reputation of the Reiki practitioners.
31. The Reiki practitioner by accepting their Reiki certifications from DivineYu, agrees that failure to abide by the terms, conditions, and stipulations of this Code of Ethics will leave them subject to action. Action may include but is not limited to public notification of Reiki practitioner’s transgression, and/or legal action.
32. The Reiki practitioner acknowledges that a Code of Ethics cannot cover every case of what is ethical and what is not. Therefore, it is understood that Reiki practitioners must behave in accordance with the ethical standards of the province and country in which they reside.
33. It is understood that the DivineYu is hereby saved harmless from liability of any kind whatsoever for the actions of the Reiki practitioners.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to validate if a Reiki Master, Grandmaster or a teacher is in good standing with DivineYu. The Reiki practitioner who has violated the Code of Ethics must not practice Reiki on others.